Black is a shade that is instantly noticeable on any piece of clothing that doesn't match it. A red cardigan, a white shirt or a blue pair of jeans will instantly cause a glance once a black stain has been made, so it's important to tackle such stains quickly, before they set for life.
We're not just talking olive oil in this section, but the tarring and generally hard to remove stains caused when changing the oil in a car, or in other kinds of motor related activities. We've all seen mechanics overalls and the amount of slick that can accrue over time, but your clothing doesn't need to meet the same fate when you have Vanish.
If your clothing or fabric is on the end of an oil stain, you should treat the stain immediately with hot water, which washes a lot of the excess out.
If this is not possible then scrape as much grease or oil off the fabric with a spoon or other edged object, being careful not to press the stain in. Then, blot the remaining grease stain with a damp paper towel or cloth, using a lifting motion until no more of the stain comes off. When home, soak the stain in a Vanish solution as outlined below:
- Mix 60ml of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Gel in 4L of warm water
- Then soak item for up to an hour maximum for colours, or up to six hours for white washing.
- Then, wash. Place a pod with 60ml of gel into your washing machine, along with your detergent. Set the cycle and leave until done.
Mascara is quite a common stain, appearing on sleeves or tops due to a lapse in concentration, or a clumsy flick of the wrist, and usually at the least opportune times! Fortunately, mascara is easy to remove, just follow our tips:
- Remove any excess mascara first with a blunt knife, or other instrument.
- Dab away from the stain with cold water, ensuring you don't smear the stain into the fabric.
- Using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Gel, soak the garment in one scoop of powder in 4 litres of warm water.
- Soak the item over an hour for colours, and six hours for whites.
- Then, wash as normal, and the mascara stain should be gone.
Generally, like all these stain, the longer you wait to treat the stain the harder it will be to remove.
Anyone who's ever received an ink stain knows how tricky it can be to remove, but not with Vanish! Although ink is frequently blue, black ink is very popular in a business environment. For the best way to remove them, take a look below for the easiest method:
- Mix one scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder with water.
- Paste on, and leave to soak for a maximum of one hour.
- Wash as usual with another scoop of Vanish in the wash.
There, your clothing should be as good as new and ink free!