Blood on white clothes
How To Remove The Stain
For WHITES use Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Powder for a whitening boost.
Blood on clothes - For Whites
Getting a blood stain on your pristine piece of white clothing can be very irritating and you may think it’s a nightmare to wash out, but it really doesn’t have to be that way! Whether it’s a fresh or dried blood stain, read on for our tips on how to remove blood on clothes for whites.
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Powder
Did this solve your stain?
Other solutions to solve this stain:
Não encontrou a solução que procura?
How can you remove fresh blood stains?
- If it’s a fresh blood stain, try and deal it with as soon as possible as it will be easier to eliminate if you do.
- Firstly, try and remove as much blood as possible with cold, clean water. Remember to apply water from both sides of the fabric.
- Cold water is best for blood stains as blood will break down and dissolve. Warm or hot water will literally "cook" the blood and the stain will become more difficult to remove.
- Another alternative, if you don’t have Vanish Gold Oxi Action gel to hand, is a salt and dish soap pre-treatment. Mix two tablespoons of salt and one tablespoon of dish soap and leave to soak for up to 30 minutes.
- Shampoo is also a possible DIY alternatives to pre-treating – simply pour on and leave for 15 – 30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
All the tips suggested about can also be applied to your bed linen and towels.
How can you remove dried in blood stains?
Action should be taken as soon as possible for a dried blood stain because the blood will continue to fix to the fabric, even once it has dried.
- Try and scrape off as blood as you can from the stain using a blunt knife or spoon, this will make it easier to treat.
- Rinse the stain through with cold water. This will help to loosen the dried blood. If you use hot water, the stain set deeper into the fabric.
- Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Powder can be used to effectively remove the stain.
- Before putting the stained piece of clothing in the wash, soak for up to six hours using Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Powder
- If you don’t have Vanish to hand, white vinegar could be used. Place a towel or rag under the stain, then pour vinegar onto it. Wait 5-10 minutes, then blot off with cold water and launder as usual.
It can be hard to prevent blood stains but now you have the right tools at your disposal to make sure the stain doesn’t mean the end of your clothing.
Bloodstains are often only discovered once they've dried into fabrics. If you've ever had a bloodstain on your clothes you'll know how hard it is to get out. People often assume that cuts, scrapes and nosebleeds can ruin clothes, however, Vanish Oxi Action is always on hand to make removing blood stains easy.